Rural Operations Course
Rural Operations is a Law Enforcement centered course that introduces basic skills involving the use of small teams for security, observation, and support during short duration, rural events.
RURAL OPERATIONS MATERIAL COVERS:
- Mission planning
- Special considerations for rural environments
- Infiltration techniques
- Movement techniques
- The basics of patrolling
- Immediate actions drills
- Downed operator drills
- Carbine deployment with magnified optics
Live fire marksmanship drills will be completed as an individual and while maneuvering as a team in a controlled setting. The course ends in a final CULEX with the team planning and executing an operation against a rural objective.
THIS IS NOT A “SNIPER” COURSE OR COMPLETE WOODLAND PATROL COURSE
It is very condensed training that provides a solid baseline and overview of exigent rural operations. It will immediately enhance a team’s ability in a rural setting and build a solid framework for further training and development. Teams have taken the course and only days later executed similar real-world operations with great success.
This course is designed to enhance the skill level and expand the effective range of the LE Officer by utilizing magnified optics on patrol carbines or other high-powered rifles. The ability to gather visual intelligence and provide accurate fire at greater distances is essential in rural operations. The use of magnified optics enhances this capability while increasing the operational range of the typical patrol/entry carbine.
*This two-day course has been evaluated and approved by the USMS District of Nebraska Senior Instructors.
- Rural operations mission considerations, planning, and execution
- Team communication, maneuver, and tactics in a rural or remote environment
- Carbine marksmanship and surveillance enhanced through the use of magnified optics
AS A RESULT OF THIS TRAINING, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key planning, operations, and command and control considerations for small teams to successfully carry out operations in remote or rural areas.
- Demonstrate as a team: infiltration, movement to objective, utilization of basic patrolling techniques, and immediate action drills as an individual element or as a security, observation, or support element for a larger team.
- Engage targets out to 300 yards with first round hits, while accounting for innocent bystanders and various environmental conditions on demand under condensed time frames.
The required equipment varies per class. The equipment list will be sent via email after registration.
Current law enforcement credentials are required.
See what students of our Rural Operations course have to say about their training experience!