Critical Carbine Employment by Sentinel Concepts
June 3, 8am-June 4, 5pm
Critical Carbine Employment by Sentinel Concepts develops an enhanced skill set to maintain a level of control mentally and physically while processing information and making decisions on the move. Low light techniques and other skills including timed and graded drills and performance-based tasks will show you where your training is breaking down. This breakdown will allow you to determine what essential courses you may want to re-take as well as provide guidance for individual practice.
This course will be taught by Steve Fisher, the owner and lead instructor for Sentinel Concepts since 2014. He also is a contract instructor for numerous ranges in Michigan and has been a staff instructor for EAG Tactical for the past 5 years. Steve currently serves as a reserve officer with an agency in the southern United States as a firearms trainer for SWAT and patrol divisions.
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Accuracy Drills, recoil control techniques
- Positional shooting
- Loading techniques
- How and why of speed/retention/emergency loading
- Accuracy and Timed drills performance shooting
- Working off both sides of the body
- Sling use supported shooting
- Use of cover (range defendant)
- Movement when to shoot and how
- Multiple target tracking
- Movement drills
- Low light (when and where applicable)
- A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51.
- Spare weapons systems (if available)
- A sling for the rifle
- An appropriate holster for the pistol
- Hearing protection (electronic is preferred)
- IFAK and/or tourniquet
- Wrap around style eye protection
- A minimum of 1500 rounds of rifle ammunition
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Minimum of 5 working magazines for the rifle
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light
Note – *There will be a $30 range fee on the first day of the class
Visit the Sentinel Concepts website to register.