Practical Shotgun by Sentinel Concepts
June 2, 8am-5pm
Practical Shotgun is an entry-level course where students are familiarized with their shotguns. This class is geared toward those with training outside the basic classes from novice to the intermediate shooter, looking to tune up some skills. Even at this early level, we expect students to have an understanding of various methods of reloading, weapon manipulation and most importantly muzzle awareness and safety.
- Safety Plan & Medical Brief
- Effective accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture using iron sights and electronic optics
- Proper patterning and confirmation of them
- Use of the sling
- Emergency reloads
- Tactical reloads
- Malfunctions of the shotgun
- Different shooting positions
- Shooting multiple targets
- Movement drills
- A functional and practical shotgun chambered in 12 or 20 gauge.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 350 Rounds Birdshot, 50 rounds Buckshot.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
Note – *There will be a $25 range fee on the first day of the class
Visit the Sentinel Concepts website to register.