Intro to Carbine
Beginner Firearm Training Course
This 3-4 hour course introduces new shooters to safe use, storage, and the operation of a carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK system) allowing them to practice confidently on their own at the range and attend future training. Training consists of lecture, demonstration, dry-fire practice, and a brief live-fire familiarization session that includes obtaining a 25-yard rough zero. It is highly recommended that carbine users consider a “dot” optical sight on their carbine and, if possible, zero it before class. Make sure to bring the user manual for your scope or optics and carbine. Use of scopes for long range shooting is not covered in the class.
- Safe use of a carbine
- Safe storage of a carbine
- Carbine operation and accessories
- Weapon inspection and maintenance
- Basics of ballistics and zeroing
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Carbine manipulations: load, unload, immediate action, remedial action
- Zero at 25 yards from the bench supported position
- Basic standing position engagement
*Required equipment is available for purchase or rent prior to class.
- Each person must have their own carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK) for the course
- Gun in a case or box
- A sling for their firearm
- Eye and ear protection appropriate for the range
- 3 magazines, 50 rounds of factory ammunition
Students must be at least 16 years old. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D. No previous training required. Students with significant experience should consider our Level 1 course.
Lunch, dinner and snacks are available for purchase at the Ammo Box Café inside the Range & Readiness Center.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.