Basic Carbine Level 1
Carbine Level 1 builds on the Intro to Carbine course geared toward personal protection.
Carbine Level 1 is a basic course that is appropriate for individuals that have no carbine experience as well as for those who have some carbine handling experience but are interested refining their skills and becoming more proficient with the AR-type platform.
Participants will review gun safety and discuss equipment considerations, ammunition, and accessory setup for AR-15 rifles. From there, students receive an in-depth lesson on the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, which includes an instructor demonstration followed by student dry-fire practice.
For the remainder of the training, participants head to the range to confirm zero and perform a variety of tactical shooting drills designed to improve carbine/rifle familiarity and marksmanship for for self-defense.
This 8-hour course is available in a 1-Day Session at 88 Tactical’s outdoor Tekamah Training Facility.
- Safe use and storage of a carbine
- Basics of ballistics and zeroing
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Carbine manipulations: load, unload, immediate action, remedial action
- Zero at 25-50 yards from the prone supported position
- Prone, kneeling, and standing engagement
- Carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK) with sling and case
- Eye and ear protection appropriate for the range
- 3 magazines with pouches for carry
- 250 rounds of factory ammunition
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and shooting mat highly recommended
- Spare batteries for any optics and the user manual for the optic
FOR CLASSES IN TEKAMAH:
- A packed lunch and water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Age 16 and above
- No previous training required
- Valid government ID
See what students of our Basic Carbine Level 1 course have to say about their training experience!