Intermediate Handgun Defense Level 3
Firearm Training Course
This is an intermediate level curriculum centered around Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC) as it relates to combative marksmanship. All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of RBBC. RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions.
In this 4-hour course, students will develop speed and precision while taking tactical measures to better ensure their safety and make better decisions in complex environments. Intermediate Handgun Defense Level 3 will cover a wide variety of tactical and engagement exercises with a heavy emphasis on dynamic movement, use of cover, and rapid threat assessment and engagement.
- Display the fundamentals of marksmanship while engaging threats from the ready and while stationary, on the move, and from behind cover
- Demonstrate basic handgun drawing techniques and rapid threat engagement
- Display a balance of speed and precision during engagement drills using point shooting, precision shooting, and perfect sighted fire fundamentals
- Engage multiple targets at various ranges and across short and wide fields of fire
- Use cover proactively and reactively, and move tactically from cover to cover in a variety of situations
- Safely shoot in close confines with other students demonstrating the core fundamentals of friendly fire avoidance
- Demonstrate the ability to shoot with strong hand and support hand
- Recognize stoppages and perform simplified weapons manipulations skills such as immediate action, remedial action, and reloads at unpredictable times during an engagement sequence
- Ear and eye protection (knee pads recommended)
- Pistol or revolver in proper working order (unloaded and stored in case prior to arrival)
- 500 rounds of quality ammunition
- High-quality holster and magazine pouches
- 3 magazines
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Packed lunch, snacks, water
Students must be at least 21 years old and have a valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Handgun Defense Level 2, an equivalent level handgun course from another reputable company, or receive direct permission from the instructor to attend.
Students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund or credit applied toward future classes. Students who cancel or re-schedule less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees. 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.