Intermediate Handgun Defense Level 3
Firearm Training Course
This is an intermediate level curriculum centered around Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC) as it relates to combative marksmanship. All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of RBBC. RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions.
This 4-hour course focuses on drawing from concealment and making multiple precision shots, working through handgun malfunctions and reloads intuitively, consistently and at increasing speed, and engaging moving targets. It will also improve on skills learned from previous levels and will incorporate some introductory movement principles. Successful completion of this course will allow students to earn their “Draw From Concealment” range card, allowing them to practice drawing from concealment on the range when training on their own. This course includes one hour of lecture and dry fire practice.
- Demonstrate basic handgun drawing techniques and rapid threat engagement
- Display a balance of speed and precision during engagement drills using point shooting, precision shooting, and perfect sighted fire fundamentals
- Recognize stoppages and perform simplified weapons manipulations skills such as immediate action, remedial action, and reloads at unpredictable times during an engagement sequence
- Demonstare the ability to engage a moving target
- Ear and eye protection
- Pistol or revolver in proper working order (unloaded and stored in case prior to arrival)
- 300 rounds of quality ammunition
- High-quality holster and magazine pouches
- 3 magazines
Students must be at least 18 years old and have a valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Handgun Defense Level 2, an equivalent level handgun course from another reputable company, or receive direct permission from the instructor to attend.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.