Handgun Skill Builder course
Handgun Skill Builder classes are now divided into two different levels: Fundamental Skills and Intermediate Skills.
Handgun Skill Builder classes make use of dry-fire practice and live-fire practice in short sessions to target skills such as reloading, use of cover, fundamentals, movement, etc. These one-hour practice sessions are led by an instructor who will teach at the pace and skill level of the individual students. The exact material will vary and will be highly flexible – some of the exact skills may be posted prior to the course. Handgun Skill Builder classes will end with a live-fire session on the range.
Students should be comfortable with their handgun and must have completed the Intro to Handgun class, CHP class, or have similar experience and confidence to shoot safely around others. Higher level students will also be challenged as they get back to the basics with increased demands.
Please dress appropriately for the range. No open toe shoes, tank tops, v-neck shirts, etc.
- Eye and ear protection
- Pistol or revolver in proper working order (to be unloaded and stored in case prior to arrival)
- A quality holster that secures to your body and covers the trigger
- 50-100 rounds of quality ammunition
- 3 magazines or 2 speed loaders/strips for revolvers
- Magazine holders
- Range bag or similar carrying case
- A loose-fitting cover garment for drawing from concealment
The required equipment is available for purchase or rent prior to class. This is a great way to try a handgun before you purchase.
Students must be at least 18 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D.