Concealed Carry Certification
This is the State of Nebraska certification course required to obtain your concealed handgun permit (CHP).
The purpose of this course is to test your handgun proficiency. If an instructor determines that your proficiency is not adequate, you will be asked to take an introductory course first.
88 Tactical offers the most comprehensive Concealed Carry course in the state. In addition to the state required material, students take part in reality-based defensive drills, and are taught concepts of mindset and the realities of self-defense. The class consists of lecture, demonstrations, dry-fire practice, and live-fire training and testing. This is a valuable course for any responsible gun owner wanting to learn the basics of safety, storage, practical use, and self-defense laws.
This class is taught in both 1-day and 2-day sessions. The 2-day sessions are taught on two consecutive nights. The first evening is classroom lecture and dry/live-fire drills, and the following evening is live-fire and skills evaluation.
88 Tactical recruits and retains the industry’s most experienced instructor cadre from the special operations military, law enforcement, and fire and rescue – many of whom continue to serve today.
All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC). RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions.
If needed, all required equipment can be rented or purchased at 88 Tactical during the class.
- Eye and ear protection – $2/$3 rental
- Pistol or revolver in proper working order, unloaded and stored in case prior to arrival – $15 rental
- 2 or more magazines/revolver speed loaders – included with any rental
- Sturdy holster and belt – $5 rental for most common handguns
- 50 rounds of ammunition – available for purchase. Uncommon ammunition and shortages may require calling ahead
- A loose-fitting cover garment for drawing from concealment – please refrain from low cut or V-neck shirts, as hot brass can cause burns
Must be at least 18 years old and have a valid government issued I.D. and basic familiarity with your chosen handgun.
See what students of our Concealed Carry course have to say about their training experience!