Basic Handgun Defense Level 2
Firearm Training Course
*Note – This course has been restructured into a 4-hour course.
Basic Handgun Defense Level 2 builds on the fundamentals of defensive shooting presented in Basic Handgun Defense Level 1. In this course, you will learn elevated basic techniques for using a pistol in self-defense focusing on safe, consistent, and increasingly effective responses. The course includes basic drawing techniques, introductory movement and use of cover, and reaction and decision drills. Students will complete a live-fire performance test during the course.
All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC). RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions. 88 Tactical’s RBBC training approach is the most effective means of reducing stimulus and response time. The quicker you recognize the threat, the more likely you will prevail.
- Prevailing mindset along with an understanding of the OODA Loop (Observe-Orient-Decide-Act)
- Engaging threats while on the move
- Engaging threats from turns and pivots
- Use of cover
- Shooting until the threat is stopped
- Balancing speed and accuracy
- Dealing with the police and other legally armed citizens
- Eye and ear protection
- Pistol in proper working order (unloaded and stored in case prior to arrival)
- 2 or more magazines/speed loaders (3 or more is highly recommended)
- Sturdy holster and belt
- 250 rounds of quality ammunition
- A t-shirt along with a loose fitting shirt is recommended for this course. Please refrain from low cut or V-neck shirts, as hot brass can cause burns.
Students must be at least 18 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Handgun Defense Level 1, or receive instructor permission.
Students who attend class at the Range & Readiness Center can rent and/or purchase the required equipment in the Pro Shop prior to class. Lunch, dinner and snacks are available for purchase at the Ammo Box Café.
Students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund or credit applied toward future classes. Students who cancel or re-schedule less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees. 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.