RDS Equipped Handgun Instructor Course
Law Enforcement & Military Training Course
88 Tactical’s 3-day Red Dot Sighted RDS Equipped Handgun Instructor Course will prepare students to implement red dot sighted pistols into their agency.
This course will cover:
- RDS technology
- Policies and procedures
- Case law
- RDS effectiveness
- Human behavior under duress in a real environment
Most RDS handgun training is designed to increase performance on the range, which does not always translate well in complex real-world situations.
This RDS Equipped Handgun Instructor Course is designed to give the instructor proficiency in using the RDS equipped handguns and provide the ability to transfer this knowledge and apply it back to their agency.
Students will perform various drills to assist officers:
- Transitioning from iron sights to the optic
- Presentation and acquiring the dot
- Tracking the dot in recoil
- Dot failure
- Environmental concerns based on geographic conditions
Students will learn how to recognize threats and apply dot presentation based on three threat initiatives while applying superior tactics.
This is an instructor-level course in which students will be required to present information back to the class, conduct video analyses, utilize student-teacher methods, and pass the qualification.
- RDS technology, RDS selection, mounting, holsters, BUS dimensions
- RDS focal plane and imposing the dot
- Agency implementation and suggested zeroing RDS procedures
- Advantages and disadvantages of implementing RDS in the agency
- Modern application of the fundamentals of marksmanship to increase accuracy and proficiency
- Drawing from the holster and the presentation leading to sight acquisition
- Understanding the Funnel of Visibility of Handgun RDS
- Tracking the dot through recoil and the dot behaviors
- Shooter diagnosis and corrective action drills
- Common challenges and struggles of RDS, methods to overcome those and improve performance
- Malfunction manipulation, in-climate weather issues, and RDS failure solutions
- The reality of real-world gunfights and the three threat initiatives
- The “Three Brains” and how we think and act under threat
- Weapons Flow and “Earning the Shot” principles
- Practical Movement drills based on reality versus range theatrics
- Utilization of cover barriers
- Low Light applications
- Adult Learning Methods to teach the material
- Using technology to present visual feedback for shooter development
- Duty belt with 3 magazines and a semiautomatic handgun
- Red Dot system and proper mounting hardware
- Ballistic Vest and tourniquet
- Eye and Ear protection (electronic coms are preferred)
- Handheld flashlight and/or Tac-light
- 2 Chem lights
- Notebook and pen
- Range appropriate clothing
- 1000 rounds of practice ammo and 50 rounds of duty ammo for zeroing
*88 Tactical does not rent MRDS or Holsters
Current law enforcement or military credentials are required.