88 Tactical’s Tactical Medicine (TacMed) Course for Law Enforcement Instructors combines live-fire and tactical medicine exercises in a 2-day class. Our curriculum follows the Principal Guidelines of Instruction set by the Committee for Tactical Emergency Casualty Care, which covers the fundamentals of tactical medicine, the use of a basic trauma kit, and treating hemorrhage, chest trauma, and other life-threatening injuries. This course also covers getting to the wounded, fighting while wounded, and performing rapid patient assessment and treatment under duress.
Day 1 – In classroom learning medical modules, hands-on exercises, and medical teach back. The student must pass written exam with a score of 80%.
Day 2 – On the range learning starts off with fundamentals of close quarters engagements and moves to techniques for fighting wounded from different positions while applying medical applications.
Each student will get plenty of hands-on practice applying various bandages,
tourniquets and packing wounds in the classroom. Practice medical equipment
will be provided by 88 Tactical for all classroom and range exercises.
- Mental Preparation
- Hemorrhage Control
- Emergency Compression Dressing
- Packing Wounds
- Use of hemostatic agents
- Tension Pneumothorax
- Sucking Chest Wound
- Airway support
- Advanced one-handed shooting/weapon manipulations
- Primary and support hand only weapon malfunction drills
- Fighting from the ground
- Shooting from different positions
- Self assessment, treatment of life-threatening bleeding and one-hand tourniquet application
- Single and multiple officer rescue tactics under fire
- Rapid patient assessment and treatment while under duress
- Eye and ear protection
- Semi-automatic pistol with a “ledge” so that the slide can be manipulated on your belt, holster, or pocket
- 2-3 magazines
- Serviceable holster and magazine carry pouches
- 500 rounds of factory new practice ammunition
- Sack lunch and water
- Note taking material
- Students may bring and practice with their own issued med kits (optional)
- Jump drive storage for transfer of material
Current law enforcement or military credentials are required.
Host a Class
If your agency is interested in hosting a class, please contact Aaron Guzman at 507-884-5193 or email@example.com.
Ask how your agency can receive a FREE slot.
See what students of our TacMed Instructor course have to say about their training experience!