Basic Home Defense
Basic Home Defense is a 4-hour course that teaches participants how to defend their home in a variety of crisis events such as theft, burglary, robbery, or home invasion. The course starts with a presentation covering the reality and legality of home defense, principles of security, use of safe rooms, hardening your home, developing an emergency response plan for the whole family, equipment needs, and use of alarms systems. Students will then practice skills and drills to deal with a wide variety of situations focusing on defending the home and loved ones against a variety of threats. The seminar will end with each participant competing one or more reality based scenarios simulating a defense of the home.
This course is interactive making use of shot indicating laser training pistols and training projectiles (airsoft) against real people, and does not include live weapons or ammunition in the training. The whole family (age 15+ is encouraged to attend). This course can also be taught privately in your own home at additional cost. Call for more information.
- The realities of crime in and around the home
- Prevailing mindset
- Use of force and the legalities of defending your home
- Conventional security measures: doors, windows, locks, lights, and alarm systems
- Safe storage of guns and ammunition in the home
- Developing an emergency response plan that involves the whole family
- Basic use of cover and concealment and when defending the home
- Basic flashlight and weapon mounted light engagement
- Home defense drills: outside the home, at the door, at the breach, and in the house
- Dealing with the police after an event
- All training guns will be provided; No live weapons or ammunition will be involved
- You may bring accessories suitable for a Glock 17 such as a holster, or weapon mounted light
- Flashlight and/or weapon mounted flashlight
- Notebook and pen or pencil for notes
- Comfortable clothes, shoes, and a sturdy belt suitable for light physical training
- Airsoft projectile protection: loose clothing that covers the body, neck, hands, and groin protection
- Headgear will be provided
Students must be at least 15 years old. Students from age 15 and up must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D.
Students should be familiar with handguns and be able to follow the basic rules of gun safety.