Basic Primal Defense
Basic Primal Defense is a 4-hour course taught by instructors with experience in real-world defense. Students learn situational awareness and practice conflict de-escalation. This course primarily addresses how to deal with verbal confrontations, but students also learn some basic moves to defend themselves against a physical attack. By course completion, participants will have repeatedly used their newfound skills to assess danger, set boundaries, and respond effectively to verbal and physical aggression. Students get the chance to use full-force techniques against a staff instructor donning specially designed protective gear.
- Respond effectively to verbal and physical aggression (belligerent people)
- Describe and demonstrate levels of awareness and condition readiness
- Demonstrate how to set boundaries, and control and maintain the “reactionary gap”
- Demonstrate defensive strikes against an unarmed assailant
- Describe and demonstrate what to do following an attack
- Comfortable gym or workout attire
- Water or sport drink and/or energy bar recommended
Students must be at least 12 years old and have no significant underlying health issues. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D.
Please let the instructors know if you have joint issues or other physical limitations that may require a modification in techniques.
Language used during role-playing scenarios is PG-13.