Active Threat Response - Unarmed
Active Threat Response – Unarmed Strategies introduces students to the realities of an active shooter event, and teaches unarmed defensive techniques. In this two-hour course, you will be introduced to the planning, tools, and skills needed to survive and prevail in an active threat situation in a variety of environments. Training starts with an overview lecture on mindset, awareness, tactics, and incident review, then moves to hands-on training teaching elements of securing, alerting, aiding, fighting, and escaping. Training will be slightly physical, but activities can be adjusted for participants as needed.
- Developing a prevailing mindset
- Avoiding the three things that victims say
- Understanding the “Survival Seven” keys to an effective defense
- Spotting a threat pre-incident or at the early stages of the attack
- Correctly utilizing securing, alerting, aiding, fighting, and escape options
- Barricading doors
- Hasty and ready-made tourniquet application
- Using improvised weapons including fire extinguishers
- Defending a room as a group
- Disarming an attacker
- Dealing with police arrival
Comfortable, non-restrictive clothing and tennis shoes.
Minimum age of 13.