Basic Carbine Level 2
Firearm Training Course
Basic Carbine Level 2 builds on the fundamentals of defensive shooting presented in Basic Carbine Level 1. After a brief review of key topics taught in Level 1, the Basic Carbine Level 2 course adds additional ready/shooting positions while introducing close range point shooting, initial defensive off-line movement, intuitive unexpected malfunction clearance and reloads, pivots and turns, and precision engagements. The class finishes with a live-fire performance test.
Basic Carbine Level 2 is taught at our Tekamah Training Facility. This 8-hour course is designed to enhance a shooter’s ability to deploy a carbine under varying conditions while maintaining a focus on using the carbine as a personal protection firearm. After finishing Carbine Level 2, students will have a deeper understanding of how mindset can maximize the carbine’s advantage, and better prepare you for our more challenging carbine courses.
All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC). RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions. The quicker you recognize the threat, the more likely you will prevail.
- Behavior, stress, the OODA Loop (Observe-Orient-Decide-Act), and their influence on marksmanship
- Engaging threats from turns and pivots
- Intuitive and unexpected malfunction clearing and efficient reloading
- Balancing speed and accuracy
- Rapid positional standing, various kneeling, and prone position engagement
- Initial defensive off-line movement
- Eye and ear protection
- Carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK) with sling
- Minimum of 3 magazines and a magazine pouch
- 300 rounds of quality ammunition
- Spare batteries for sights
- A packed lunch, snacks and water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and shooting mat recommended
Students must be at least 16 years old. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Carbine Level 1 or receive instructor permission.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.