TacMed Injured Shooter & Victim Rescue
Intermediate Tactical Medicine Training Course
TacMed Injured Shooter & Victim Rescue is a physically intense 6-hour, intermediate level, live-fire course. The focus of this course is on fighting while wounded, fighting from the ground, self-care, and buddy care.
Tactical Medicine classes fill the gap between combat aid and civilian EMS training. The Tactical Medicine (TacMed) course curriculum is based on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) core concepts. TECC is the civilian version of the military’s Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and was developed to bring combat-level care to civilian first responders.
All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC). RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions.
Topics Covered – Classroom Portion
- Review of basic medical skills
Topics Covered – Live Fire Portion
- Advanced one-handed shooting/weapon manipulations
- Primary and support hand only weapon presentation
- Primary and support hand only reloading
- Primary and support hand only weapon malfunction drills
- Fighting from the ground
- Shooting from prone, supine, and lateral recumbent positions
- Self-assessment, treatment of life-threatening bleeding, and one-handed tourniquet application
- Rapid patient assessment and treatment while under duress
- Victim Rescues
- Eye and ear protection
- Semi-automatic pistol with rear sight ledge
- 3 magazines
- 250 rounds of quality ammunition
- Sturdy belt and outside-the-waistband/belt holster. Inside-the-waistband holsters are not allowed in this course.
- Kneepads – students are required to get up and down off the ground repeatedly.
- Weather appropriate clothing
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Canceling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in the forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.