Home Safety Training Course
Solo CQB (Close Quarters Battle) is a 4-hour course that teaches participants how to maneuver tactically inside of a structure while responding to a variety of events such as
- Home invasion
- Threats to loved ones inside of a structure
- Robberies gone wrong
- Active shooter events
- Emergency exit of dangerous events
It is built around our highly acclaimed High Threat CQB Program for law enforcement and military units. 88 Tactical’s unique High Threat CQB curriculum is based around human behavior in high stress situations.
Solo CQB Course
The course starts with a presentation covering the basic principles of maneuver inside of a structure, then takes students through drills covering how to tactically advance through rooms, hallways, stairs, windows, and other interior geometry.
The course culminates in a series of interactive scenarios using training weapons against role players. This course is interactive, making use of shot indicating laser training pistols and training projectiles (airsoft) against real people, and does not include live weapons or ammunition in the training.
- Basic principles of maneuver in a structure
- Prevailing mindset and use of force
- Use of cover and concealment and movement to create a hard target
- Clearing rooms, hallways, stairwells, and other common interior geometry
- Weapons ready positions and when to draw your weapon
- Dealing with the police and avoiding misidentification
- Moving with and defending loved ones inside of a structure
- All training guns will be provided; No live weapons or ammunition will be involved
- You may bring accessories suitable for a Glock 17, such as a holster or weapon mounted light
- Flashlight/weapon mounted light
- Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes
- Comfortable clothes, shoes, and a sturdy belt suitable for light physical training
- Airsoft projectile protection: loose clothing that covers the body, neck, hands, and groin protection
- Protective headgear will be provided
Students must be at least 18 years old and must have a handgun purchase permit or concealed carry permit, and valid government issued I.D. A current military or law enforcement ID card can replace the above requirement. We reserve the right to conduct background checks on any student attending this course. Students should have completed a level 1 basic handgun course, or otherwise be very comfortable shooting a handgun safely around others. Call if you have questions.
The required equipment is available for rent or purchase prior to class.
*Lunch, dinner and snacks are available for purchase at the Ammo Box Café inside the Range & Readiness Center.
Students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund or credit applied toward future classes. Students who cancel or re-schedule less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees. 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.