Women’s Basic Handgun Skill Builder
The Women’s Basic Handgun Skill Builder course makes use of dry-fire practice and live-fire practice in short sessions to target skills such as fundamentals, reloads, malfunctions, and various distances. These 1-hour practice sessions are led by a female instructor who will teach at the pace and skill level of the individual students. The exact material will vary and will be highly flexible. The class will end with a live-fire session on the range.
Students should be comfortable with their handgun and must have completed the Intro to Handgun course, Concealed Handgun Permit course, or have similar experience and confidence to shoot safely around others. Higher-level students will also be challenged as they get back to the basics with increased demands.
Required equipment is available for purchase or rent prior to class. This is a great way to try a handgun before you purchase.
- Eye and ear protection
- Pistol or revolver in proper working order (to be unloaded and stored in case prior to arrival)
- A quality holster that secures to your body and covers the trigger
- 50-100 rounds of quality ammunition
- 3 magazines or 2 speed loaders/strips for revolvers
- Magazine holders
- Range bag or similar carrying case
- A loose-fitting cover garment for drawing from concealment
Please dress appropriately for the range: no open toe shoes, tank tops, V-neck shirts, etc.
Students must be at least 18 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government-issued I.D.