Intermediate Carbine Level 3
Firearm Training Course
Carbine Level 3 is a one-day intermediate level course based on combative marksmanship with the rifle or carbine. You will develop speed and precision while utilizing cover and movement to gain a tactical advantage. Material will cover a wide variety of topics from rapid positional shooting, shooting with a mixture of speed and precision, fighting from cover, dealing with reloads and malfunctions, shooting on the move, and basic transitioning to a handgun in close-range encounters.
- Rapidly move into prone and various kneeling positions to engage targets
- Execute the fundamentals of marksmanship while engaging targets while stationary, on the move, and from behind cover
- Demonstrate a basic transition from carbine to pistol and back to carbine.
- Recognize stoppages and perform simplified weapons manipulations skills such as immediate action, remedial action, and reloads at unpredictable times during an engagement sequence
- Develop a balance of speed and precision during engagement drills using point shooting, precision shooting, and perfect sighted-fire fundamentals
Carbine with sling and 500 rounds of ammunition
Handgun with holster and 50 rounds of ammunition
3 magazines for each weapon system
Knee and elbow pads – recommended
Eye and ear protection – Electronic ear protection is recommended
Magazine pouches or dump pouch
Body armor (optional)
Clothing appropriate for weather
Lunch, snacks, water (there will be limited time for lunch)
Valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Carbine Level 2, an equivalent complete multi-day basic level carbine course from another reputable company, or receive instructor permission.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.