Intermediate Carbine Level 3
This is a one-day intermediate level course based on combative marksmanship with the rifle or carbine. You will develop speed and precision while utilizing cover and movement to gain a tactical advantage.
Material will cover a wide variety of topics from rapid positional shooting, shooting with a mixture of speed and precision, fighting from cover, dealing with reloads and malfunctions, shooting on the move, and basic transitioning to a handgun in close-range encounters and from shoulder to shoulder when static with time and cover available.
- Behavior based marksmanship defensive to offensive considerations
- The fundamentals of marksmanship while engaging targets while stationary, on the move, and from behind cover
- Basic transition from carbine to pistol and back to carbine
- Basic shoulders switches under static conditions to better utilize cover
- Recognizing stoppages and performing simplified weapons manipulations skills such as immediate action, remedial action, and reloads at unpredictable times during an engagement sequence
- Developing a balance of speed and precision during engagement drills using point shooting, precision shooting, and perfect sighted-fire fundamentals
- Eye and ear protection
- Carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK) with sling
- Minimum of 3 magazines and magazine pouches
- 500 rounds of quality ammunition
- Handgun, holster, and 50 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Spare batteries for sights
- A packed lunch, snacks and water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and shooting mat highly recommended
Students must have successfully completed the Basic Carbine Level 2 course, an equivalent basic level carbine course from another reputable company, or receive direct permission from the instructor to attend.