Intermediate Carbine Level 3
Firearm Training Course
Carbine Level 3 is a one-day intermediate level course based on combative marksmanship with the rifle or carbine. You will develop speed and precision while utilizing cover and movement to gain a tactical advantage. Material will cover a wide variety of topics from rapid positional shooting, shooting with a mixture of speed and precision, fighting from cover, dealing with reloads and malfunctions, shooting on the move, and basic transitioning to a handgun in close-range encounters and from shoulder to shoulder when static with time and cover available.
- Behavior based marksmanship defensive to offensive considerations
- The fundamentals of marksmanship while engaging targets while stationary, on the move, and from behind cover
- Basic transition from carbine to pistol and back to carbine
- Basic shoulders switches under static conditions to better utilize cover
- Recognizing stoppages and performing simplified weapon manipulation skills such as immediate action, remedial action, and reloads at unpredictable times during an engagement sequence
- Developing a balance of speed and precision during engagement drills using point shooting, precision shooting, and perfect sighted-fire fundamentals
- Eye and ear protection
- Carbine (AR-15, M-4, or AK) with sling
- Minimum of 3 magazines and magazine pouches
- 500 rounds of quality ammunition
- Spare batteries for sights
- A packed lunch, snacks and water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and shooting mat highly recommended
Valid government issued I.D. *Must have successfully completed Basic Carbine Level 2, an equivalent complete multi-day basic level carbine course from another reputable company, or receive instructor permission.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.