Intro to Survival Skills
Introduction to Survival Skills is a fun and informative 8-hour course that covers fires, signaling, shelters, survival kits, and gear. The day starts off with a campfire lecture on survival skills and equipment, followed by practical application of those skills in the woods of our 160 acre Tekamah training facility.
If you are interested in learning the basics of survival, but are apprehensive about spending the night in the woods, this course is for you. This is also a great course for those planning on taking our overnight survival classes.
- Survival Mindset and the Rules of 3’s
- Clothing Selection for the Outdoors
- Gear Selection for the Outdoors
- First Aid Kits
- Survival Shelters
- Firecraft Skills
- Survival Skills versus Primative Skills
- Water bottle
- Weather appropriate clothing (rain or shine)
- Fixed Blade Knife – Mora Companion is a good choice, available at Bushcraftoutfitters.com
- Packed lunch
- Pen and paper for taking notes
Minimum age 12 with guardian present.