Advanced Survival Skills
Survival Training Course
In the Advanced Survival Skills course, participants are guided through emergency medical treatment, sheltercraft, signaling, animal and water procurement, tools, and non-traditional fire starting methods. This weekend-long course at our Tekamah Training Facility deals with true life and death decision making, and requires physical and mental preparation.
This course begins Friday evening and concludes Sunday afternoon.
- Sleep system, MSS is optimal
- Ground pad
- Contractor garbage bag
- Quality pocket knife or Multitool
- Water container, metal is best
- Cooking pot
- Headlight and extra batteries
- Sheath knife
- Fire steel
- Fire starter
- Eating utensil
- Rain Gear
- 3-4 pair wool socks
- Good boots, waterproof is best – make sure they are broken in
- Fleece or wool jacket
- Stocking hat
- Cold weather gloves
- Eye protection
- Heavy duty leather gloves
- Field pants (BDUs are recommended)
- 100 ft cordage
- PSK – Personal Survival Kit
- FAK – First Aid Kit
- Personnel meds and hygiene items
- Extra clothing kept in your vehicle
- Pack or bag for gear
Students must be at least 16 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund in the form of store credit. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.