Advanced Survival Skills
Survival Training Course
In the Advanced Survival Skills course, participants are guided through emergency medical treatment, sheltercraft, signaling, animal and water procurement, tools, and non-traditional fire starting methods. This weekend-long course at our Tekamah Training Facility deals with true life and death decision making, and requires physical and mental preparation.
This course begins Friday evening and concludes Sunday afternoon.
- Sleep system, MSS is optimal
- Ground pad
- Contractor garbage bag
- Quality pocket knife or Multitool
- Water container, metal is best
- Cooking pot
- Headlight and extra batteries
- Sheath knife
- Fire steel
- Fire starter
- Eating utensil
- Rain Gear
- 3-4 pair wool socks
- Good boots, waterproof is best – make sure they are broken in
- Fleece or wool jacket
- Stocking hat
- Cold weather gloves
- Eye protection
- Heavy duty leather gloves
- Field pants (BDUs are recommended)
- 100 ft cordage
- PSK – Personal Survival Kit
- FAK – First Aid Kit
- Personnel meds and hygiene items
- Extra clothing kept in your vehicle
- Pack or bag for gear
Students must be at least 16 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund or credit applied toward future classes. Students who cancel or re-schedule less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees. 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.